|Volunteer with us !
A great chance for you - three weeks Africa:
and comprehend international understanding
- Volunteer for reconstruction, development and operations of a kindergarten
- Learn permaculture through active participation
- Experience peregrine flora and fauna
- Dry interior construction and paintwork
- Inventory and needs assessment for all school materials
- Construction of outside facilities
- Creation of a school garden
- Soccer team training
- Participate in Nature's Gift Permaculture Centre activities
- Chichewa for beginners
- Pottery lessons
- Painting lessons
- Prepare ornaments from local materials
- Basket weaving lessons
- Trips and excursions
Accommodation and food: Kumbali Cultural Village
- Accommodation in traditional earth huts
- Outdoor toilet facilities
- Enjoy local food
- Meet local bands and their culture
Organisational, costs und date
- The trips
will take place during school holidays, if need be extended by one week leave as work experience program.
- The group consists of minimum 10 and maximum 20 volunteers.
- Depending on the number of participants, one or two association's organisers will accompany the volunteers.
- An air ticket will be in the range from 900 thru 1300 Euro.
- Local costs largely depend on the Dollar exchange rate, they consist of
- Accommodation and food, 400 USD each
- Transport, 240 USD
- Permaculture course, 140 USD
- Miscellaneous, 270 USD
- Thus local costs sum up to 1450 USD -
between 907 and 1209 Euro depending on the prevailing exchange rate.
- The association finances the building materials.
- As pocket money, 100 Euro should be sufficient.
- Optimum dates are summer holidays and spring (Easter) holidays.
Preparations and important informations
- You are 18 years old.
- You speak English.
- You have a passport with validity at least 6 months after arrival.
- You got professional advice about malaria prophylaxis.
- You need an effective international health insurance and liability insurance.
- Clean drinking water will be provided, do not drink from the tap!
- Take care of your valuables and belongings - a safe will be made available for passports, money etc.
Muli bwanji? Ndiri bwino. - Wie geht's? Gut.