|Volunteer with us !
A great chance for you - three weeks Africa:
and comprehend international understanding
- Volunteer for reconstruction, development and operations of a kindergarten
- Learn permaculture
- Chichewa for beginners
- Experience peregrine flora and fauna
- Help with the harvest (maize, soy or sweet potatoes)
- Village life: visit local families / attend church service (gospel)
- Participation in the daily routine (play, sing, dance, do handicrafts, paint, write,
calculate); program design on request and single-handed instruction of a small group
- Inventory and needs assessment for all school materials
- Prepare ornaments from local materials
- Dry interior construction and paintwork
- Construction of outside facilities
- Creation of a school garden
- Visit a permaculture centre
- Soccer team training
- Parents training: first aid, family planning
Accommodation and food
Something very special: We live with local
families and are fully involved in family life. The accommodations are clean but very, very spartan. Cooking takes place over an open fire in front of the
house. The menu plan is discussed with the housewife beforehand and everything necessary is bought at the market.
To wash, you take a bowl of water and go to the little wash house.
Next door is another little house with a hole in the middle - this is the toilet.
Organisational, costs und date
- Association's organiser(s) will accompany the volunteers.
- Optimum dates are during April and May.
- An air ticket will be in the range from 900 thru 1300 EUR (each participant books his own flight).
- Visa 50 USD.
- The families are very hospitable and apart from us they never have foreign guests.
That is why it is difficult for them to negotiate prices. As an empirical value, you calculate with 100 EUR per week.
- For trips and excursions additional costs may incur.
- As pocket money, 100 EUR should be sufficient.
Preparations and important informations
- You are 18 years old.
- You speak English.
- You have a passport with validity at least 6 months after arrival.
- You got professional advice about malaria prophylaxis.
- You need an effective international health insurance and liability insurance.
- Clean drinking water will be provided, do not drink from the tap!
- Take care of your valuables and belongings.
Muli bwanji? Ndiri bwino. - How are you? Fine.