|Volunteer with us !
A great chance for you - three weeks Africa:
and comprehend international understanding
- Volunteer for reconstruction, development and operations of a kindergarten
- Learn permaculture through active participation
- Experience peregrine flora and fauna
- Help with the harvest (maize, soy or sweet potatoes)
- Village life: visit local families / attend church service (gospel)
- Participation in the daily routine (play, sing, dance, do handicrafts, paint, write,
calculate); program design on request and single-handed instruction of a small group)
- Dry interior construction and paintwork
- Inventory and needs assessment for all school materials
- Construction of outside facilities
- Creation of a school garden
- Soccer team training
- Participate in Nature's Gift Permaculture Centre activities
- Chichewa for beginners
- Prepare ornaments from local materials
- Viewing of a banana plantation
- Visit the Nature's Gift farm (milk production, including yoghurt)
- Leisure time: soccer, volleyball, netball
- Trips and excursions can be organised on demand, e.g.:
Accommodation and food: Kumbali Base Camp
Organisational, costs und date
- Association's organiser(s) will accompany the volunteers.
- Optimum dates are during April and May.
- An air ticket will be in the range from 900 thru 1300 Euro (each participant books his own flight).
- Visa 75 USD (Forms are provided by the association and presented upon entry).
- Local costs largely depend on the Dollar exchange rate, they consist of
- Accommodation: 20 USD per night (bed linen and mosquito net included)
- Food: breakfast 8 USD, lunch 12 USD, dinner 15 USD
- Transport, 50 USD
- For trips and excursions additional costs may incur.
- As pocket money, 100 Euro should be sufficient.
Preparations and important informations
- You are 18 years old.
- You speak English.
- You have a passport with validity at least 6 months after arrival.
- You got professional advice about malaria prophylaxis.
- You need an effective international health insurance and liability insurance.
- Clean drinking water will be provided, do not drink from the tap!
- Take care of your valuables and belongings - a safe will be made available for passports, money etc.
Muli bwanji? Ndiri bwino. - Wie geht's? Gut.